- 120 grams caustic soda
- 300 grams distilled water
- 200 grams coconut oil
- 200 grams sustainable palm oil
- 400 grams olive oil
- 50 grams evening primrose oil
- 15ml rose geranium oil or fragrance of your choice
- 2 teaspoons dried rose petals
- 2 to 4 teaspoons ruby rose mica (for colour)
- Heart shaped soap moulds
- Gather all your equipment and ingredients.
- Weigh the water, caustic soda (sodium hydroxide) and the oils you will be using.
- Mix your caustic soda solution.
- Melt your oils.
- Equalise the temperature of the caustic soda solution and the oils at 34° to 38° C.
- While mixing, slowly pour your caustic soda solution into your oils.
- Once your mixture is ready, pour your warm soap into your mould(s).
- Wrap your mould(s) in insulating material such as a blanket or some towels. llow to dry. (18 to 24 hrs.)
- Remove your soap from the mould(s) and allow to cure for a minimum of 6 weeks.
- For more detailed instructions, please refer to our Soap Making Basic Principles online or purchase our Soap Kit Instructions.