If you are in SE Qld why not visit our Underwood showroom.
The NEW Hard Cheese Kit Makes 9 Delicious Cheeses:
- Large Curd Cottage Cheese
- Farmhouse Cheddar
- Monterey Jack
Why pay gourmet prices when you can learn to make your very own "additive and preservative-free" cheeses? All your family will join you in the fun of this tradition!
This is a Beginner Cheese Kit, ideal for those with no cheese making experience.
The kit comes with a detailed easy to follow directions demystifying the steps in the art of cheese making, and can be used with regular full cream milk, straight from the supermarket.
The kit will make 24 batches of hard cheese for a total weight of about 13 Kg. If making lots of feta or cottage cheese you could expect to almost double that as these cheeses contain a higher moisture content and are therefore heavier.
Making Hard Cheese is fun and easy, and most hard cheeses are made with these simple steps;
- Milk is warmed
- Starter culture and rennet are added
- The milk coagulates into a single curd
- The curd is cut and stirred to drain off whey
- The curd is sometimes heated and/or pressed, to remove even more whey
- The curd is moulded and shaped into a cheese, salting takes place before or after this process
- The cheese is matured or aged under controlled conditions
This Kit Contains:
- Instruction Booklet
- 200 mm Dairy Thermometer
- 10 Vegetable Rennet Tablets
- 2 x Direct Inoculation Mesophilic Hard Curd Starter Culture (100 Litre sachet - from SACCO)
- 165 mm Cheese Basket and Follower
- Sample Block of Cheese Wax
- Natural bristle Wax Brush
- Loose Weave Cheese Cloth
- 50 ml Calcium Chloride
- 250 gm Cheese Salt
- 2 x Free Sterile Jars, for storing the culture
All of these cheeses use the same culture, and our new kit comes with 2 sachets of culture containing a total of 24 doses. Make all of the cheeses, or make your favourite cheese 24 times!
We ship these products Australia wide, however this kit contains ingredients that do require long term storage in a freezer, on arrival. Extended time out of a freezer will decrease the shelf life.
Shelf Life of Cultures:
When stored correctly freeze dried lactic cultures are typically viable long after any date on the pack.
Room temperature 1 to 2 months Refrigerator 6 to 12 months Freezer 2 to 5 years
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Very happy
What fantastic service. Received within 3 days...and I live in the back of beyond. Everything I needed and my first cheddar wheel is drying as I write this.
Now, I'm ready to order red annato for my next project.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)