If you are in SE Qld why not visit our Underwood showroom.
Pear and Raspberry Jam
- Peel the pears, remove their stems, cut them in two, core them, and cut them into small pieces.
- In a saucepan combine the pears, raspberries, sugar , and lemon juice.
- Bring to a simmer. Skim, if necessary.
- Add pectin and continue cooking on high heat for about ten minutes, stirring gently. Skim of any foam carefully, if necessary.
- Check the set. I do this by putting a plate in the fridge. I place a little of the mixture on the cold plate and return it to the fridge. When it has cooled to room temperature, I check to see if it has gelled.
- Put jam into hot jars immediately and seal with new lids. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
See these instructions plus photographs of the steps on Valerie's Blog.