If you are in SE Qld why not visit our Underwood showroom.
- Peel, core and dice the pears into cubes of approximately 1-2cm.
- Place your vinegar and brown sugar into a pot and bring to the boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to ensure that the sugar dissolves.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pot and return the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the chutney thickens and reduces by about 1/3. This will take about 2 hours.
- Remove your pot from the heat and fill your hot, sterilised jars with your chutney, being sure to leave a head space of about 2cm.
- Cap your jars with new lids and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove your jars from the boiling water bath with your jar lifter and place them on a tea towel on your kitchen counter and allow to cool.
- Once cool, label and store in your pantry.
See these instructions plus photographs of the steps on Valerie's Blog.