If you are in SE Qld why not visit our Underwood showroom.
Italian Cheese Kit
This is a Intermediate Cheese Kit, ideal for those with some cheese making experience.
The NEW Italian Cheese Kit Makes 6 Delicious Cheeses:
- Cultured Mozzarella
- Whey Ricotta
The kit comes with a detailed easy to follow directions demystifying all the steps in the cheesemaking process, and uses the time saving, convenient and simple to use direct inoculation method, and can be used with regular full cream milk, straight from the supermarket, in easy to handle 4 and 8 litre quantities, depending on which cheese you choose to make. We achieve excellent results using pasteurised and homogenised milk, straight from the supermarket.
Read why we like direct innoculation.
This kit has everything you need to make cheese, except for some common kitchen equipment & the milk.
This Kit Contains:
- 24 page Recipe / Instruction Booklet
- 165 mm Cheese Mold, or Basket & Follower (This Australian made basket, or hoop, can also be used for Brie and Blue Cheeses)
- 200 mm Dairy Thermometer
- Two Reusable Loose Weave Cheese Cloths
- 250 gm Cheese Salt
- Block of Natural Cheese Wax
- 1 Natural Bristle Wax Brush
- 50 ml Calcium Chloride
- 10 Vegetable Rennet Tablets
- 2 x Sachets of Direct Inoculation Thermophilic Hard Curd Starter Culture (24 doses in total - from SACCO)
- 10 gram Lipase
- Sample Duotest PH Test Strip
- Two Sterile Jars
All of these cheeses use the same culture, and our new kit comes with 2 sachets of culture containing a total of 24 doses. Make all of the cheeses, or make your favourite cheese 24 times. There is enough culture in this kit to make 24 batches of cheese and enough Rennet for almost double that!
We ship these products Australia wide, however this kit contains ingredients that do require long term storage in a freezer, on arrival. Extended time out of a freezer will decrease the shelf life.